Are you a driven person interested in technical sales? Do you want to be part of a team focused on developing a strong brand in an emerging market? This role is suitable for those who enjoy working independently and have ambitions to grow and develop into a valuable team member.
Sigicom, established 1981, is a leading manufacturer of measurement equipment technology, working with many large companies on high profile projects. Their products offer a complete solution for remote construction site monitoring, measuring vibration, noise, dust, and geotechnical impacts on nearby communities. This type of monitoring is often required, but also helps companies manage risks and work more efficiently.
Sigicom is headquartered in Stockholm (SWE) with offices in Lyon & Caen (FRA), Horsham (UK), Ottawa (CA), and Fort Collins, CO (USA).
In the role of Technical Sales Engineer, you work both strategically and operationally, focused on developing prospects and building relationships with customers in new markets. Furthermore, your responsibilities include the following:
- Managing the entire sales process, from the initial outreach to qualified leads & product presentations, to closing deals, and managing key accounts.
- Specific tasks include digital networking, scheduling sales meetings, attending conferences, domestic travel, CRM management, providing quotes, product training & support, following up with leads, prospects, & customers, and identifying, understanding, & reporting local market needs back to product development.
- You will be part of a sales team with frequent collaboration and aggressive targets, while also in the forefront of utilizing new tools in workflow optimization and establishing best practices for growing Sigicom in Canada.
- Travel is often required for 1-2 weeks per month.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience (preferably at least 5 years)
- Preferable technical experience in vibration, sound, or geo-technical measurement fields, or related fields.
- Proven ability to meet and exceed sales targets.
- Strong technical background and strong technical understanding.
- Language proficiency in English and French
To thrive in this role, you must be a well-rounded individual with the ability to learn on a technical level, but also have an outgoing and social personality. You need integrity and credibility to build trust and long-term business partnerships. You must remain confident and motivated through the adversity that may be present when opening new markets. Furthermore, you should enjoy working together with others and have a great drive to achieve good results. Working market knowledge is very important and can be learned over time with the help of experienced Sigicom colleagues, however you must have the interest in learning and developing expertise in this work.
Own vehicle with valid drivers’ license.
Place: Hybrid, 3 days in office, 2 days from office per week. (Travel excluded)
Due to the nature of this position, and geographical location, we are looking for candidates who either live in close proximity to the Sigicom office, and who holds valid work permits, or French applicants living in France, willing to move to Ottawa. We will support in the work permit process in relocating from France to Ottawa.